Encapsulating the Grateful Dead: A Preview

“Music has always been a matter of Energy to me, a question of Fuel. Sentimental people call it Inspiration, but what they really mean is Fuel. I have always needed Fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio.”
—Hunter S Thompson—

From heartbreak to regret and far beyond the wrath of my self deprecation, there has always been music. When I say there has been music, I mean the Grateful Dead. Contemplating existentialism with the soothing melodies of the Dead ringing in the background. Questioning my anger while listening to a soul searching Jerry ballad. For years their wicked grooves and insatiable chemistry has haunted my body in an utterly inexplicable manner. I cannot have more gratitude, for without the Grateful Dead I am not the shape I am. 

Yes, the Grateful Dead are celebrating their 50 year anniversary. The party will include a 5 night run of shows (2 in Santa Clara, June 27 & 28, and the final 3 in Chicago, July 3-5). I have been lucky enough to secure tickets to all five shows. I’ll try to avoid the insanity of ending a incredible career with only five final shows and I’ll also circumvent the Dead’s choice on lead guitar, Trey Anastasio (Phish). I’ll focus on the music of the Grateful Dead as well as maintaining my stamina. As long as my depreciating age and unfortunate tenderfoot doesn’t get in the way, I should be able to succeed with a successful review of the shows. This is merely the preview of things to come. Part One is next, glad you've arrived.

Here is information regarding streaming the shows live: 


Also, if you are lucky enough to be in Chicago next weekend, here is a schedule of events:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dead & Company: The 2017 Planning For Retirement Tour (And Show Statistics)

The Definition of Love: Dead & Company's 2017 Tour

Dead and Company Boulder 6/9 Review